Saturday, May 19, 2007

neta

Let me introduce you to my new favorite word- neta! As you might know, greys anatomy is my favorite show. On greys, they often say "Seriously? Seriously." Well tonight I learned some spanish slang that is the equivalent. "Neta? Si, la neta." I love it! I learned neta tonight when we were hanging out (rollando) in the Parque de las Americanas.

We traveled in style on Nelson´s moto! My first time on a motorcycle- I love it!

There are vendors there at night selling food. First I tried this thing, I don´t remember what it was called but it was like a thin pancake filled with cheese. Que Rico (delicious) !



Then we ate perros calientes (hot dogs- my favorite!) with bacon and onions and mayo. Again- que rico.


Ted took this picture- flattering, I know. Ted is Paulina´s boyfriend and Nelson is Teds brother. I love them all so much!


As you can see, my hair pretty much does whatever it wants here. Which brings me to the mexican "schedule". There isn´t one. But we do shower a lot and rarely use a hairdryer. We also eat lunch at 3-5 and dinner at 8-11 !

Today I went to work and school with Pau. She began teaching me about public transportation and tomorrow we are having an extended session! She works in a preschool which is very similar to preschool here. Her school, however, is not. Today, some students gave a presentation and the others were talking in full voice and the prof left in the middle! I´m excited about my big today tomorrow learning how to navigate the city soltara (by myself!) Don´t worry- it´s very safe:) And I now have a Mexican cell phone! Neta. Off to my hammock!