Sunday, May 6, 2007

hello world

So, this is my blog. The one I’m starting as I phase myself out of college mode and “into the real world.” And when I say world, I mean world. Exactly one week from today I leave to spend 6 weeks living with friends in Merida, Mexico. Up until now I’ve been incredibly excited, but with only a week left I’m actually getting a little bit nervous. I’ve traveling all by myself through customs to a country whose language I speak, but not well. That’s one reason I’m going. Without any other English-speakers to talk to I hope to be closer to fluent by the time I come back.

On the med school front: I still haven’t heard anything yet, but I have a meeting at IU on Monday. I’m meeting with someone in admissions to talk about how to improve my application for next year in case I don’t get in this time around. I hope that this will show them that I’m being proactive.

I hope you’ll be amused with my blogging journey into the "real" world.

2 comments:

Burton Webb said...

Hey Jenna - good plan!

I hope you have a terrific time in Mexico and will blog/FB often.

Take care,

Burt

Cara Bara said...

I'm excited about your Mexico trip, although I'll miss you here in wonderful OB/GYN! *sigh* BBUUUTTT hopefully IU Med School will work out and you can come and destress over here anytime!