Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I don´t feel like elaborating right now but I figured it was time to jot some things down before I forget. This is what I´ve been up to. Fill in the rest with studying at the library, eating, sleeping 8 hours every night and usually taking a nap, watching tv, reading. I know, I´m lucky. I´m working on writing something more creative about what it´s like to be the only white person (almost!) in Merida. But this will have to do for now. Sorry it´s boring, I just don´t want to forget anything! A side note- if ever you go on a trip like this, you must write a blog. It makes me so happy to know that when I get home I´ll have an electronic scrapbook of my time here!

Monday night we went to go see Pirates3- I loved it! I´ve seen more movies here than I´ve seen in a long time! Probably because they´re $3. And we ate tacos at a rodeside stand. My friends said I´m officially a Mexican now!

Tuesday night we went to the women´s prayer meeting at the church- so hard to understand because when they pray one person is saying the main prayer but everyone else is praying too!

Today I registered to take the MCAT again in August...which makes me want to vomit.

Tonight we´re going to see a free show called "Passion Tango"! Super exciting. And I smell some really good food cooking right now!

This weekend we´re going to Cancun!

4 comments:

Burton Webb said...

Don't vomit! just cram!!!

kentbrantly said...

i think you can take prochlorperazine to help with that vomit feeling... at least i think that was the answer to that test question. or was it dranabinol? or metocloperamide? aaahhhh!!! too many drugs!!!!
but if it is any encouragement to you as you survey your future - i would much rather take this test i have coming up than to retake the MCAT... meaning it only gets better after the MCAT :)
hasta luego fuego

Jake Hogan said...

YAY! MCAT.

You know, it seems like every in Mexico is Mexican.... weird.

Anonymous said...

وظيفة جيدة جدا.