Wednesday, October 24, 2007

no ifs ands or ...


Butts.
Thank you NPR for a good laugh on the way to work this morning.

They reported a story out of Dallas, Texas where deputy mayor Dwaine Caraway, tried to pass a law banning saggin'. Probably the funniest thing of all was hearing the person on NPR say the word saggin'. Saggin', no sagging. Thanks for getting that right, NPR.

Apparently, for some, the trend has moved from showing your boxers to not wearing any underwear at all?! Thankfully I haven't seen this one.

Obviously they learned that you can't really make a law against saggin' pants. But they can still do something about it. A rapper named Dewayne Brown aka Dooney saw Caraway on tv and had already been working on a song called "Pull Your Pants Up." How perfect.

As they played clips of the song on NPR I was laughing out loud in my car. What a great way to start off the morning.

Here's the actual story that they read if you want to check it out.

You really should go to the website and click on the audio file under the picture above to hear the song. It's hilarious.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really wish there could be a ban on sagging pants. I'm tired of seeing ugly boxer shorts, bleh bleh. IF you're going to be showing off your boxers, please buy an attractive pair to look at...no Fruit of the Loom.

Brian D said...

NPR - good for more than just this American life. That is hilarious. By the way, have you read any David Sadaris (sp?). I heard him on this american life a bit back and listened to a bit of his book. Hilarious, I think you'll like

Anonymous said...

Sagging absolutely fascinates me. Working at my middle/high school on the south side, I've seen some cases that seem to defy the laws of physics. How can the waist line sit completely below the butt without the pants falling down? It doesn't make sense. I tested this extreme sagging in the privacy of my own room and I could not take two steps without having them fall to my ankles. While I don't think sagging is "cool," I think its neat how they somehow are exempt from the law of gravity.