Sunday, November 18, 2007

Wicked

As promised, I now have something to write about! Josh and I had an amazing weekend in Chicago. Here we are in front of Ryan and Betsy's apartment. They're friends of mine from high school who were nice enough to let us stay with them. We love getting all dressed up to go out on the town!After we got downtown, we had some Chicago style hotdogs for dinner. Getting downtown was a feat in and of itself since though I have been to Chicago many times, this was my first time driving into the city. We sat at the window and people-watched while we ate our hotdogs in style! I love hotdogs, especially Chicago style.
We were there when the doors opened we were so excited! Here we are in front of the theater. You can't see but Josh has on a green tie to match my green purse- black and green, get it? For Wicked!
You aren't supposed to take pictures at all but we snuck a couple- how can you resist? As you can tell, we were very high up, but right in the center. The show was soooooo good. If you like musical theater and you haven't seen this show, you just have to.
After the show we walked up Michigan to Cheesecake Factory. Please see picture number one for the shoes I was wearing. Then we took our picture in front of the same Christmas tree as last year. We're very into traditions:) Hard to tell it's a Christmas tree when you take the picture yourself, but trust me.
On Saturday we went shopping and city seeing until the parade. On this weekend, every year, they have a parade to light up the city for Christmas. It was cold and kind of rainy, but we stuck it out like the city-lovers that we are. Afterwards, however, I wasn't loving the city so much when we got stuck in the most annoyed, JAM-PACKED crowd I have ever been in. Thank goodness we had gone to put all of our things in the car before the parade and fireworks.

Such a fun weekend and so nice to get away with a good friend every once in a while.

1 comment:

Lori and Kyle said...

That show really is great. I think you knew that I took Lori to see it earlier this year. I really do love that city, and I miss being able to take a short (relatively) car ride to visit. Cool pics too!