Saturday, December 1, 2007

birthday

Today I am another year older. When my friend Mark called me tonight he said, "good job staying alive." Yup. But more than that, I felt very blessed today. Birthdays are kind of a selfish day, but my birthday always reminds me of how lucky I am to have so many people in my life that care about me. On Thursday, Kent, Robert, Laurann and I went out to dinner at The Spaghetti Factory to celebrate Laurann and my birthdays. On Friday, Matt took me to see Cinderella at the Wagon Wheel Theater in Warsaw (more to come on this) and out to dinner. On Saturday, Kristin and Lacey put a candle in my blueberry muffin. Jenni gave me the gift of Starbucks. I had Ivanhoes with my college roommates one last time (above). Josh gave me a book that he wanted to share with me. Mark called to catch up. Brit sent me chocolate in the mail. Tiff sent a cute e-card. My mom made me pizza casserole and my dad cried while saying the prayer before dinner (to which I said, "I don't know what you're crying about Dad. I haven't grown up yet- I live right upstairs") Yup, I'm blessed.

2 comments:

Mark said...

it was great catching up the other night. and yeah, i don't know what he's crying about either. my mom cries, and i tell her, "look here mom, I only live 1125 miles away!" :)

Brian D said...

Jenna - Happy b-day. But uh, I think that you need to do some introspection here as to frequentness of blog posts. I don't want to call you a hypocrite, but well, blogs don't write themselves.