Friday, August 31, 2007

i should be studying but...

Instead I'm going to write about two things that I've found interesting lately:




IUPUI (where I'm taking grad classes) is a smoke free campus. There are signs everywhere saying this. Yet never in my life have I seen so many people smoking in one place. Maybe I'm just naive after my four years at Indiana Wesleyan, but this is shocking to me. I really think that every other person I walk by on the sidewalk is smoking. Stupid...


One thing that makes me happy is a show I have recently began watching. This show is in its third season on Animal Plant. That's right...Meerkat Manor. I find this show ABSOLUTELY FASCINATING. If you don't know, it's a show about a real group of meerkats. Like the nature shows I grew up watching on PBS, only this is more like a soap opera. Yes, an animal soap opera. You just have to watch it to understand. It comes on Animal Planet on Friday nights (which means that I am admitting that I have such an exciting life that I watch a show about meerkats on Friday nights). I am probably more apt to love this show because I love animals, but really, I am practically hypnotized by it! These animals are so cute.

1 comment:

Mark said...

i'm guessing part of the reason you're loving the MeerKATs is because of your intense studying of the MCAT. Maybe some of that test is rubbing off on you... :)